Welcome. The project started from a placement at university. Looking at the situation of school gardens in Thunder Bay, Ontario. There are many pieces of the puzzle and eco-justice, social justice, food security and education all find a home at my Blog.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Environmental Film Network presentations...

I am just back from viewing the " And this is my garden" DVD documentary at the environmental film network festival in Thunder Bay. This documentary follows the Mel Johnson school project in detail over a growing season. I would heartily endorse people viewing this film as it is truly inspirational. That is not only from a school garden ideal but a whole community food security initiative.

One of the highlights of the film was the discussion that followed in the car. I asked my 5 year old what he liked best about the film. He replied that he liked the boy who was trying the hot pepper and the fact that he didn't realize the pepper was hot. I asked him how about trying more vegetables in our garden and he was very excited.

Hopefully more schools will try to start gardens with their students. If anyone wants to see a copy of the movie, contact the Mel Johnson school for more details.http://www.carmanvalleyleader.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3003864

No comments:

Post a Comment